Returning Student Registration 2022-2023
Registration for Returning Students will begin June 13 and closes June 28. Families of returning students will complete residency certification online. Please continue reading the information below regarding the documents that will be required.
The links below will be live at noon on June 13, 2022:
2022-2023 - Returning Student Registration Portal (English)
2022-2023 - Returning Student Registration Portal (Spanish)
The requested documentation that you will need to upload is listed below for your convenience in planning ahead. PLEASE NOTE THAT A PHOTOGRAPH OF THE DOCUMENT WILL NOT SUFFICE, ONLY A PDF CAN BE UPLOADED. There are several free apps for both Android and Apple devices that will scan documents into a Portable Document Format (PDF) containing one or more pages. You might consider this option for convenience or if you do not have access to a scanner.
- Proof of Residence
- Current annual property tax notice OR
- Current lease in the name of the parent or court-appointed custodian (signed by Lessee and Lessor). A current lease in the name of the parent (or a letter) that lists the names of all occupants at the address and displays the lease expiration date should be provided. The signature page of the custodial contact and the landlord must be included in the document that is uploaded. OR
- Warranty Deed (only if home was purchased recently and a property tax notice in your name does not exist for the address; contingency sales contract is not acceptable)
- Current Utility Bill (A current bill from Alabama Power or Spire in the name of the parent or court-appointed custodian displaying the service or property address, not the mailing address)
- Custody Papers (if applicable; additional comments may be noted)
- Driver’s License (A valid driver's license OR valid state-issued ID for at least one custodial contact of the student)
You will be able to start and resume your work in the portal as needed. You will have the opportunity to review all data before submitting it. Once submitted, no changes can be made in the portal by you. You should receive a confirmation email from PowerSchool immediately following your submission.
Please contact the registrar at your child’s school with any questions you may have regarding registration. You will find the names of the registrars, their schools, and email addresses below.
- Edgewood Elementary School:
- Terri Nowak firstname.lastname@example.org
- 901 College Ave., Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 423-2400
- Shades Cahaba Elementary:
- Karen Baggett email@example.com
- 3001 Independence Drive, Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 871-1113
- Hall-Kent Elementary:
- Holly Foster firstname.lastname@example.org
- 213 Hall Ave., Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 423-2430
- Homewood Middle School:
- Kristi Dennis email@example.com
- 395 Mecca Ave., Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 870-0878
- Homewood High School:
- Ellie Walker firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1901 South Lakeshore Drive, Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 871-9663
If you are an employee of Homewood City Schools and planning to enroll your child who lives out-of-district, please complete the digital form below. The paper form has been retired as of April 2021. Your submission will automatically be submitted to Dr. Kevin Maddox at the Homewood Board of Education. EMPLOYEE REQUEST FOR OUT-OF-DISTRICT/OUT-OF-ZONE CHILD