Student Enrollment & Registration
Welcome to Homewood City Schools, a system that is student-centered and enriched by tradition, vision, and compassionate spirit. Our mission is ensured by a dedicated, exemplary staff; a supportive, involved community; an appreciation for diversity; an effective use of resources; and an uncompromising commitment to excellence.
2023-2024 New Student Enrollment
If you need to register your child for the current school year, 2022-2023, please contact the school's registrar below.
2023-2024 Returning Student Registration Opens June 12 and Closes June 30
Parents will receive an email from PowerSchool Registration with more information regarding the online registration process.
The requested documentation that you will need to upload is listed below for your convenience in planning ahead. PLEASE NOTE THAT A PHOTOGRAPH OF THE DOCUMENT WILL NOT SUFFICE, ONLY A PDF CAN BE UPLOADED. There are several free apps for both Android and Apple devices that will scan documents into a Portable Document Format (PDF) containing one or more pages. You might consider this option for convenience or if you do not have access to a scanner.
- Proof of Residence
- Current annual property tax notice OR
- Current lease in the name of the parent or court-appointed custodian (signed by Lessee and Lessor). A current lease in the name of the parent (or a letter) that lists the names of all occupants at the address and displays the lease expiration date should be provided. The signature page of the custodial contact and the landlord must be included in the document that is uploaded. OR
- Warranty Deed (only if home was purchased recently and a property tax notice in your name does not exist for the address; contingency sales contract is not acceptable
- Current Utility Bill - a bill from Alabama Power or Spire displaying the service or property address in the name of parent or court-appointed custodian
- Driver’s License (A valid driver's license OR valid state-issued ID for at least one custodial contact of the student)
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
- Edgewood Elementary School:
- Terri Nowak email@example.com
- 901 College Ave., Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 423-2400
- Shades Cahaba Elementary:
- Karen Baggett firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3001 Independence Drive, Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 871-1113
- Hall-Kent Elementary:
- Holly Foster email@example.com
- 213 Hall Ave., Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 423-2430
- Homewood Middle School:
- Latonya White firstname.lastname@example.org
- 395 Mecca Ave., Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 870-0878
- Homewood High School:
- Carla Hardy email@example.com
- 1901 South Lakeshore Drive, Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 871-9663
- Proof of Residence