New Student Enrollment 2019-2020
HCS Registration Information, Grades K-12
May 1, 2019 - The HCS New Student Enrollment Packet is available below. Print and fill out the packet below, then take it to your child's’ school, along with the required documentation, any Tuesday or Thursday between May 28th and June 27th from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm. Additional information will be provided regarding the online registration process once the packet has been processed at the school.
For students new to Homewood City Schools and will be attending Homewood High School, contact Ellie Walker at 205-871-9663 ext 1215 any weekday to schedule an appointment to process enrollment packets and to meet with the counselor for academic guidance and course selection.
All students (new and returning) will complete on-site registration, which includes residence verification and other school-based logistics, on Tuesdays and Thursdays July 9th through July 30th between 7:30 am and 2:30 pm.
- HCS New Student Enrollment Packet, Grades K-12 (English)
- HCS New Student Enrollment Packet, Grades K-12 (Spanish)
- Employee Request for Out-of-District Child Form
This form is only for Homewood City Schools’ Employees and should be submitted to Dr. Kevin Maddox at the Homewood Board of Education once completed. Once the request has been approved, the HCS New Student Enrollment Packet must be completed and delivered to the assigned school by the requesting employee according to the Tuesday/Thursday schedules referenced above.
Once your registration has been processed at the school, you will receive an email containing a snapcode link. Use that link to log in to the online portal where you will complete the data verification process as a new student. If you do not have the email for some reason, but have been provided the snapcode, visit this site to begin or resume data verification as a new student using the links below.
Beginning in July, all students (new and returning) may begin to bring the items listed below to the schools. All schools have the same schedule for receiving these three required documents on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 am - 2:30 pm July 9 - July 30 to verify residence:
- Certificate of Residence - printed from the online registration portal then completed by parent, signed, and dated
- Proof of Residence - Submit only one of the following:
- Current annual property tax notice. Click here to locate and print your notice.
- Current lease in the name of the parent or court-appointed custodian that is signed by Lessee and Lessor
- New sales contract on a home zoned for Homewood City Schools (a contingency contract is not acceptable).
- Current Utility Bill - a bill from Alabama Power or Spire displaying the service or property address in the name of parent or court-appointed custodian