Kindergarten Enrollment

  • Welcome to Homewood City Schools, a system that is student-centered and enriched by tradition, vision, and compassionate spirit. Our mission is ensured by a dedicated, exemplary staff; a supportive, involved community; an appreciation for diversity; an effective use of resources; and an uncompromising commitment to excellence.  

    2024-2025 - Kindergarten Online Enrollment Portal (Spanish)

    The requested documentation that you will need to upload is listed below for your convenience in planning ahead. Photographs are only accepted for driver's licenses, birth certificate, social security card, and immunization form. All other documents must be in PDF format. There are several free apps for both Android and Apple devices that will scan documents into a Portable Document Format (PDF) containing one or more pages. You might consider this option for convenience or if you do not have access to a scanner.

    • Birth Certificate
    • Alabama Immunization Form. Out of State or Country immunization forms must be transferred to an Alabama Immunization Form.
    • Proof of Residence 
      • Current annual property tax notice OR
      • Warranty Deed (only if home was purchased recently and a property tax notice in your name does not exist for the address; contingency sales contract is not acceptable OR
      • Current lease in the name of the parent or court-appointed custodian (signed by Lessee and Lessor). A current lease in the name of the parent (or a letter) that lists the names of all occupants at the address and displays the lease expiration date should be provided. The signature page of the custodial contact and the landlord must be included in the document that is uploaded. 
    • Current Utility Bill - a bill from Alabama Power or Spire displaying the service or property address in the name of parent or court-appointed custodian. The mailing portion will not be accepted.
    • Driver’s License (A valid driver's license OR valid state-issued ID for at least one custodial contact of the student)
    • Custody Papers (if applicable)

    If you have questions about kindergarten enrollment, please contact the person below: